• المزيد من الخيارات...
عرض النتائج التي تحتوي على:
إيجاد النتائج في:

مجموعة عامة  ·  24130 اعضاء

حفظ
نادي جامعة القاهرة للتعليم المفتوح
somya

شرح للvowels ترم سابع لغوياتمقارنة

In English there are twenty vowel sounds, some of them short, some long; some simple, and some diphthongs (which will be studied later in UNIT 13 below).
/İ:/ tree /Ɔ:/ pour /ɑ:/ art, far /u:/ too, moon /3:/ church, err
/i/ city /o/ pot /و/ add /u/ put /ʌ/ up, bud
/e/ egg /ə/ ago, sister
In contrast to consonants, produced by blocking the air passage then releasing it suddenly, or narrowing the air passage, vowel sounds like /İ:/, /u/, /ə/, /و/ and /3:/ are made by passing voiced air through an open air

passage. The air moving through this passage is shaped by passing through different mouth shapes caused by different tongue positions and lip shapes. There are four different factors that control the different vowel sounds in English.

1.VOWEL LENGTH: A vowel may be long like /İ:/ as in "tree", /ɔ:/ as in "pour", /ɑ:/ as in "art" and "far", /u:/ as in "too" or "moon", or /3:/ as in "church" and "err"; or short as in /ɪ/ as in "city", /e/ as in "egg", /و/ as in "add", /o/ as in "pot", /u/ as in "put", /ʌ/ as in "up", and "bud", and /ə/ as in "ago" and "sister"
2. THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE TONGUE: This may be in the front (when producing /İ:/, /ɪ/, /e/, and /و/), the centre (as in /ʌ/, /3:/, and /ə/), or the back (as in /u:/, /u/, /ɔ:/, /o/, and /ɑ:/).
3. THE DEGREE OF CLOSENESS OF THE MOUTH: This can be close (/İ:/, /u:/), half close (/ɪ/, /u/), half open (/Ɔ:/, /و/, /ʌ/), or open (/ɑ:/, /o/), or somewhere between half-close and half-open (/e/, /3:/, /ə/).
4. THE SHAPE OF THE LIPS: The lips may be spread (/İ:/, /ɪ/, /e/), neutral (/ə/, /ʌ/, /3:/, /و/), rounded open (/o/, /Ɔ:/, /ɑ:/), or closely rounded (/u/, /u:/).

SUMMARY
1. There are twenty vowel sounds in English.
2. There are four factors that determine their pronunciation in English:
a) Vowel length: (long or short)
b) The highest point of the tongue: (in the front, centre or back)
c) The degree of closure of the mouth: (close, half close, half open, open)
d) The shape of the lips: (spread, neutral, rounded open, closely rounded)

EXERCISES
1. Listen to the following sentences and decide which one do you hear.
a) They BIT / BET me.
b) Ali BIT / BEAT me.
c) When did he LIVE / LEAVE?

2. Listen to the following words and decide whether the vowel sound in each pair is the same or different.
3. Listen again and repeat exactly what you hear.
4. Listen once more and write the words you hear in full, then transcribe them.
5. Read the following transcriptions. What English words are represented by the transcriptions? Read them and then write them as you would in normal English spelling.
/sɪt/ /red/ /klوp/ /nok/ /fut/ /ʃʌt/ /əgəu/
/ʃu:t/ /ʃƆ:t/ /pɑ:t/ /k3:l/ /mİ:t/ /tʌŊ/ /weًə/

شارك هذه المشاركه

رابط المشاركه
شارك
Read them and then write them as you would in normal English spelling.
/sɪt/ sit /red/ red or read /klوp/ clap /nok/knock /fut/foot /ʃʌt/shut /əgəu/
ago/ʃu:t/ shoot /ʃƆ:t/short /pɑ:t/part /k3:l/curl /mİ:t/meet or meat /tʌŊ/tongue /weًə weather

شارك هذه المشاركه

رابط المشاركه
شارك

انشئ حساب جديد او قم بتسجيل دخولك لتتمكن من اضافه تعليق جديد

يجب ان تكون عضوا لدينا لتتمكن من التعليق

انشئ حساب جديد

سجل حسابك الجديد لدينا في الموقع بمنتهي السهوله .

سجل حساب جديد

تسجيل دخول

هل تمتلك حساب بالفعل ؟ سجل دخولك من هنا.

سجل دخولك الان

• اضف...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.